Thursday, June 30, 2011

In Israel

I am exhausted!  I arrived in Tel Aviv yesterday afternoon.  We landed at about 3PM.  It was an incredible experience.  The plane comes in over the Mediterranean Sea and you can see the coastline of Israel.  At that point, I couldn't help it, I started to cry with joy.  I have waited and worked so long to be here and I finally am.  Usually when I get off an airplane, I can't wait to get out of the airport.  I took my time at Ben Gurion.  I wanted so see and hear everything.  So many languages, so many people from so many countries, all coming together in this one special place, Yisrael.

Israel is an incredibly beautiful country.  As the taxi drove from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, I thought that I just want to know everything about this country: geography, geology, archeology, culture, history, language . . . everything.  And how wonderful it is that that is exactly what I am here for.  I am so lucky to be here.

I have met a few of my classmates and everyone is wonderful.  I'm sure we are going to have a great time learning together.  Our summer interns Daniel and Leslie gave us tours today of the college and Jerusalem. A great deal of walking.  I'm sure to have lost a few pounds today . . . all good.

Sooner or later I will actually take some pictures and post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment